m3architecture has extensive experience in both urban design and master planning.
We've delivered successful master plans for regional town centres, university campus precincts, school campuses, residential colleges, and individual building master plans.
We believe excellence in master planning is a precursor to excellence. Our master planning methodology has been refined to define critical issues through facilitated stakeholder workshops. Whilst issues differ for each client, they typically include:
- pedestrian amenity
- cross site links and the vertical integration of building levels
- vehicle access and parking
- local authority planning conditions
- consideration of neighbours
- safety in design considerations
- infrastructure services
- the importance of landscape
- the opportunities of the site (natural features, access, views etc.)
Our master planning work goes further than just the pragmatics associated with building and planning. It looks to the culture of a client’s organisation, and their aspirations. These considerations become integral to the master plan outcome.
We also consider challenges and opportunities presented by existing facilities, so as to develop a strategic long term vision that connects our clients to their own clients and the broader community.
We have master planned for a number of significant clients including;
- King’s College (within The University of Queensland)
- Duchesne College (within the University of Queensland)
- Mount Alvernia College
- Mt Saint Michael’s College
- St Joseph’s Nudgee College
- St Rita’s College
- Brisbane Girls Grammar School
- Barcaldine Regional Council
- The University of Queensland
- James Cook University and
- The Women’s College (within The University of Sydney)
We also have significant experience in space audit and space rationalisation work across entire campuses.
1 – UQ Andrew N. Liveris building master plan sketch
2 – Brisbane Girls Grammar School master plan
3 – Mt Alvernia College master plan
4 – St Patrick’s College master plan
5 – King’s College master plan
6 – Barcaldine master plan
7 – Duchesne College master plan
8 – St Rita’s College master plan
9 – Women’s College master plan